Se habla Español

Blog Archive

Licensed to Practice State Law in Colorado and California

Good News for Lawful Permanent Resident Families

The wait is over!!  Normally the spouses of lawful permanent residents who lived in the U.S. for more than a year without permission and who entered the U.S. without a visa, would have to wait outside the U.S. for 10 years before they could get an immigrant visa.  Or they would have to wait outside the US for months and be separated from their family while their applications were being adjudicated.

Now, they can file provisional waiver applications in the U.S. and wait for them to be approved before they leave the U.S. to apply for their visas.  This will help keep families together.   We have been waiting for almost two years for immigration to implement these changes.

This is great news.  To qualify for a provisional waiver, applicants must establish that their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouses or parents would experience “extreme hardship” if the applicants are not allowed to return to the United States.  For more information, please contact our office at 800-797-6146 or go to our contact page at

Comments are closed.