Se habla Español

Blog Archive

Licensed to Practice State Law in Colorado and California

Myth: Immigrants frequently bring their extended families with them.

Fact: U.S. citizens can only petition for spouses, children, parents and siblings. Legal permanent residents can petition for spouses, unmarried adult children and parents, but not siblings or married adult children.

Along with the limits on relatives eligible for petitions, the application process is lengthy and complex. Thus, there are millions of family members waiting to reunify with close family members, some of whom face waits of years or decades.

For more go to:

Comments are closed.