New N 400 Naturalization Application – now 21 pages
The revised Form N-400 contains:
- Clearer and more comprehensive instructions which highlight general eligibility requirements and specific instructions on how to complete the application;
- 2D barcode technology used for each page on the revised Form N-400, which will enhance our ability to quickly and accurately process the application; and
- New questions based on legal requirements related to national security and good moral character.
Although USCIS revised the Form N-400, it is important to note that:
- The naturalization eligibility requirements have not changed; and
- The filing fee remains the same where applicable.
USCIS will continue to accept previous versions of Form N-400 for a period of 90 days until May 5, 2014. After May 5, USCIS will only accept the revised version of the Form N-400.
For resources and information on the revised Form N-400, please visit www.uscis.gov/n-400.
To support naturalization preparation, USCIS provides a variety of educational resources on U.S. citizenship and the naturalization process. Please visit www.uscis.gov/citizenship for more information.
USCIS will host a stakeholder teleconference on February 20, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. (Eastern) to discuss the revised Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. During the teleconference, USCIS officials will provide an overview of the revised Form N-400 and answer your questions.
To Register for this Session:
Please visit our registration page to confirm your participation. Be sure to provide your full name and organization by following these steps:
- Enter your email address and select “Submit”
- Select “Subscriber Preferences”
- Select the “Event Registration” tab
- Complete the questions and select “Submit”
Once your registration is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details.